Friday, 1 February 2013

Gang Green

Quite a suitable nick-name for my blood bowl team this year. Who'd have thought NFL names were so adaptable.

The Bite-em-all Ravens are safely packed away and it gives me great pleasure to introduce the Nu Ork Jetz a.k.a Gang Green (again - but this time finished - well almost):


As is now clear my secret centre piece is a 40k Dakka Jet. Not the original inspiration for the team but it certainly fits well. It didn't arrive till late last month so I still need to add some splashes of paint here and there - mainly a dull yellow to blend into the team. I was also going to attach a goblin hanging on for dear life from the back of a wing too.

Here are some obligatory close-ups...




I especially like my Goblin. It is a spare form the Stormboyz kit. A Gretchin really but with a few mods here and there with spare plastic blood bowl models (points for guessing what) he makes the perfect Gobbo. He has a jet pack on his pack which again fits the theme. Ok so it would be useful to have a troll to hurl him across the pitch but that's another project using a killa-can kindly donated by RichT.
 
It was really the stormboyz which ignited by imagination when constructing the team. Here they are:
 

 
The Jets are removable for normal play.
 
So with the Goblin, 4 Stormboyz there are 4 Black Orcs, 2 Throwers, 4 Linemen, 3 markers:
 

And 1 star player, Ripper - again a converted Nob from 40k (the guy with the massive chainsaw):


Not a bad months work. Time to kick some Elf butt. See you on the pitch.


5 comments:

  1. " A Gretchin really but with a few mods here and there with spare plastic blood bowl models (points for guessing what) he makes the perfect Gobbo."

    Human catcher. Points please! :)

    Nice looking team! Needs a banner to trail behind the plane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. points mean prizes... you win a chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's moments like this that remind me why I hate you.

    That's a disgustingly good job you've done there. I'm going to go somewhere quiet a shoot myself.

    Really god job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bud. You're starting an ork force?

    ReplyDelete