Thursday, 7 June 2012

Voronwerea

Happy Birthday Blog! Yep I've been writing this blog for an entire year now. But more importantly painting my High elves for an entire year. Well those and a Vampire Blood Bowl team. Oh and a Welsh warband for Saga. And not forgetting my recent adventures in the Old West. And the terrain I have constructed. In fact when I look back I think I achieved quite a lot this year... even with the wargamming butterfly effect.

But the blog was started to chronicle my High Elves so I thought I'd start by taking a trip down memory lane, going retro and painting up one of the miniatures from the 4th edition of Warhammer. Oh and then compare it to the same effort way back in 1992 when I was 12:



What a difference 20 years can make.

So how is the entire army looking now, well here is the obligatory shot (Lee has started something here):


In total that's 28 Sea Guard, 20 Archers, 12 Sword Masters, 15 Silver Helms, 7 Shadow Warriors, 1 White Lion Chariot, 1 Giant eagle, 3 Bolt Throwers, 1 Hero on a Chariot, 1 Mounted Mage, 1 standing mage, 1 Mounted Prince, 1 Mounted Battle Standard, A Prince on a Dragon, Tyrion and Alarielle. Oh and the waystone. Not a bad looking force now. Here are some moody close ups:




I'm most chuffed with Alarielle, the BSB and the Dragon.

So am I finished there? Is that the end of NationalElfService2011? Oh no loyal readers. I will continue. I need the motivation. I still have 20 Phoenix Guard, 6 Dragon Princes, 12 Sword Masters, Teclis, 10 Ellyrian Reavers, Countless Spearmen and archers, the Griffin from the 8th edition of warhammer. I just might get all this lot completed for next year. And you never know there might be a new army book out that improves my elite warriors from the Girls they really are in battle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment