Two posts in as many days. I'm trying to get things finished before I head off to Canada for a Scientific workshop at the end of the month.
Remember how I said I was trying to to get my Welsh war band for Saga completed on a budget, check out how cheap I really am (or forced to be by SWMBO):
1) Take 10 blank yellow dice off Ebay (£2.44)
2) Download the Saga dice symbols as a PDF from the Gripping Beast Saga forum
3) Edit the colour of the symbols in Photoshop
4) Add 1 sheet of transfer paper (£1.40, Ebay again!) and print said symbols on using an Inkjet
5) Spray with a suitable acrylic varnish (borrowed from work - hush!)
6) Mix together to produce your very own Saga dice
The total cost of this little project was £3.84 which amounts to an £8.16 saving over the cost of the original dice. Or as I see it more pennies for miniatures. I have 6 dice complete and a spare 4 cubes should I need more. I'm trying to work out why Gripping Beast sell the dice in packs of 8 when the rule book specifies you can only generate a maximum of 6. I'm presuming you need more to account for the general ability to generate dice on the army board (is that allowed to take you above 6?).