Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Asca

Time for an update... and to show you all how far behind schedule I am (real life just got in the way).

I have managed to complete (except the bases) the last 7 Sea Guard for my unit of 28:


It's now the 20th September so what has taken me so long. Well I have been away with work a lot this month and after Augusts painting marathon I had to spend some time with the family. But also I ran out of Sea-Guard Shields! So did I order more from Games Workshop? Take a closer look:


The shield on the left is a sculpted version from the "Island of Blood" base set. I didn't order any more sculpted pieces. The shield on the right is my hand painted substitute. Pretty good huh? Well I think so. Basically I copied the motif in Chaos black and then painted in the detail. Took ages but the look is worth it! 4 of the above models have the hand painted Shields.

The keen eyed observer will also notice in the first picture that the Inn/Tavern is also under construction (and a random picture of me and the wife). I'm trying to add a little life to the print out Townscape building. This includes making proper windows out of a stationary tray and also raiding McDonald's for some tea/coffee stirrers to add a Tudor look to the building. I'll also make the doors out of these handy bits of wood (thanks to Kieron for the tip there).



So I'm a little behind and have to hurry along. I have a few more nights out on the town (my socialbly acceptably way to say I'm off gaming!) so may struggle to get this complete.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you said you couldn't paint? Really nice mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list of titles is getting longer now bud.

    "Dr Aneurin Girly Cheating Elf Esquire, King of the Freehanders"!

    ReplyDelete